Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's been a long time!

I cannot believe how long it's been since my last blog post. What happened to 2012?! Rich started a blog of his own this past week (HopAndRun) and it made me want to start writing in mine again. So I am going to try to make a conscious effort to write here more often, even if they are just some short and sweet posts.

For now, just a list of the runs I plan on doing this year. Is it just me, or has the cost of registering for races gone up drastically in the last couple years? I swear when I first started they were only $20 or so, and now it seems most are close to $40 - for a 5k! So cost is a major factor in the amount that I choose to do. The other major factor is that I work on Sundays, so it's tough when you need to request a day off (and usually not get paid) in order to run a race. At this time, my plan for 2013 is as follows:

  • Color Me Rad
    4/27/13 - Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT (This will be my 2nd year running this one)


  • Electric Run
    8/10/13 - Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT (A nighttime run that looks AWESOME!)

  • Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon (Half Marathon)
    10/20/13 - Start Line at Coastal Grand Mall and finish line at Plyler Park, Myrtle Beach, SC (This will be my first half marathon!)

I will do my best to continue to post on a much more frequent basis. For now, it's time to get ready for the Health and Wellness Expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment