Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 1 - DONE!

Technically yesterday marks the end of week one, but we had to shuffle the days around a little bit with the holiday thrown in there this past week. So tonight actually ended up being the final night of week one. We had to double up - a workout yesterday and one day where there was supposed to be a rest day in-between. We also have one scheduled for tomorrow. Kind of a hectic three days, but it will be worth it in the end!

Yesterday and today's workouts were a 3-mile "power-walk". Weird. The whole time I just felt like I wanted to start running. It was a weird pace, not being a run but not being a walk either. It actually made me aware of some muscles I'm not used to feeling. Rich thinks this is because with running we strike about mid-foot and sometimes closer to the toe, but with the power-walking it's more of a heel strike. There was nothing painful about the workouts at all; just a little bit of tightness in the legs. I kept track of my pace while we were out also so I could make sure that I was doing the 2nd and 3rd mile at the same pace as the first one. Again yesterday & today we were at the gym due to the weather. Humidity is still brutal - right now it is 81* and the dewpoint is 76*. Yesterday I did the track and Rich was on the treadmill. Today we both did the track and kept at about the same pace. Neither of us put the ipods on today; we just went at about the same pace and got to talk most of the time. Rich said we'll blink and it'll be time for the 13.1 - that the time is going to fly by. I'm not quite sure how I feel yet? Right now it just feels like we're going too slow. But I know when we get up to doing about 5 or 6 miles straight I'll wish we were back at this pace!

For now I'm just trying to stick to the plan, watch my diet but not get incredibly anal over it, and keep up with the rest of life in the remaining time we have. It seems like whatever time is leftover we're either at the grocery store or doing laundry! I'm proud that we managed to get all of week 1's workouts in though even with the holiday this past week. It was a rather hectic one, but I know that if I can manage through a hectic week, that an easier week should seem like a breeze. So far so good on updating the blog on workout days also!

104 days, 8 hours, 28 minutes & change til 13.1!

No comments:

Post a Comment