Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 2 - DONE!

It's been a few days so I was determined to write something tonight!! The schedule had to get tweaked a little bit again this week but I am still pretty much on track. Wednesday night was another 1 mile jog/walk which felt like hell. My cardio/breathing was ok, but the calves again... ugh. I have been researching the issues I'm having the last few days and I think I'm going to try out a potassium supplement and the runner's stick. It seems that a majority of my running buddies with similar issues have had success with those so I'm gonna give them both a shot. I did stick with it the full time though - walking one half of the 1/4 mile track, and then running the other half. I have started seeing some other folks at the gym at the same time I go. A very friendly woman has been there the last few times with her 2 daughters. She stopped to ask me my name and introduced herself to me the last time I saw her. Her name's Sharee (sp?) and her daughter that plays volleyball there is Bailey, and for the life of me I can't remember the name of her younger daughter other than it starts with an A. Anyway, nice people though, and kind of nice to see familiar faces :)

Had to go back to the dentist AGAIN on Friday and given my anxiety issues, I had to take the Ativan on Thursday night and on Friday before the appt. I always think I can beat the side effects but it ends up wiping me out every time. I took a nap after the appt on Friday and then got up to get some stuff done. Rich got home and I told him I just wanted to lay down for another hour - this was around 4:15ish. I woke up at 8pm. So much for Friday's workout. It was supposed to be a 3 mile power walk, so we switched that to tonight instead and just did 3 miles on the bike. I was exhausted after work today but got the 3 mile ride in anyway. AND I added in an upper body workout as well. I have been neglecting that because I've really been taking my "rest" days seriously and not doing any cross-training. It felt good to get that all in, but good Lord was it hot at the gym tonight though! Yesterday we got in the actual workout we were supposed to of the 2 mile run/walk. Same calf issues still, but I pressed through it. I drove 4 hours round-trip later in the day which I don't think helped my legs too much, but they weren't sore or anything today. I am going to ice them a little bit tonight.

Tomorrow we will be back on track for starting Week 3. I feel pretty good about being done with 2 weeks worth of training already and for staying on track for the most part the entire time. I got all the workouts in, just had to switch up the days a couple times. I think the intensity might kick up a little bit this week so I'm a little bit nervous, but still gonna give it my all!

No comments:

Post a Comment